Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

"The Woods are Lovely, Dark and Deep"

I have a love-hate relationship with snow. It is beautiful to look at through a cozy warm living room window. the rugged naked beauty of nature is awe-inspiring and breath-taking. The photo below is take from my office window.

I can completely understand why snow is so inextricably linked to Christmas and the 'magical' quality of the season--aside from the whole Santa lives at the North Pole thing, which arctic explorers proved to be whoey. While it falls, snow creates a veil over the scenery. It adds mystery and beauty to a landscape.

I also love shoveling it as it is a great form of anaerobic exercise on a day you can but really shouldn't go running outside.


I hope you all can equally enjoy the view from my office window. I'm gonna go make a cup of hot tea to enjoy with my shortbread cookie for lunch while reading Edith Wharton's autobiography.


P.S.:  I don't love the charcoal-colored snow once it gets dirty from car exhaust, salt and other substances we put on roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment