Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Peace Be With You

According to Native American traditions, the peace pipe (aka.: Chanunpa) was used to send prayers to the the spirits. The smoke emitted from the pipe acted as the medium that aided communications with the Great Spirit. While today we know that the smoke is actually detrimental to our health, the peace pipe still holds a symbolic value. It represents community and togetherness and hope for the future. It is a hope that each and everyone of us holds inside our hearts.

I keep the pipe in my office as a reminder that in order for me to move forward, I need to help those in my work community to do the same. We grow and move forward one step at a time as we walk together hoping for a better tomorrow.

<3 Your Verbivore

No comments:

Post a Comment