Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feelin Witchy!

A few years ago, a good friend came over saying she had a gift for me. As always I got upset because I'm just no good at getting gifts. Let's also face it, I really don't NEED any more STUFF. None of us need more stuff.

When she showed me what it was, I almost died laughing cause it was so cute! "IT's a Kitchen Witch!" she glowed. handing me the little halloweenish figurine by a looped string attached to its head. "She'll bring good luck to your kitchen and help you make yummy food!" Well, I was a good baker, but not quite a great cook, so I hesitantly took the warty old hag on a broom and (in the middle of summer) hung her on one of the cabinet knobs in my kitchen. There she stayed for the next few years, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, watching me as I cooked breakfasts, lunches and dinners day-in and day-out.

One day last year, while cleaning, I stumbled across a tiny little broom. Clueless at to where it came from, I tossed the object in the trash and went along cooking. Today, while reorganizing my plates, cups, and dishes, I noticed the kitchen witch was flying broomless! All of a sudden, I remembered the strange little wooden broom I found on the floor and threw out months ago.

I guess broom or no broom, the kitchen witch has been doing her job and helping me to cook better. These days, I get fewer complaints about what I make and how long it takes me to make it. Broom or no broom, the kitchen witch continues to work hard to keep my kitchen running like clockwork and churning out delicious foods!

I guess she wanted to get liberated from that splintery broom!

No comments:

Post a Comment